Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Little Background

So, I thought I would start a blog so that those of you interested in this project could follow along on this adventure as I construct the house of my dreams. Hopefully I will continue to call it an adventure throughout this entire process, but time will tell I guess. Please post any comments, ideas, suggestions, etc. at any time. I appreciate any feedback I can get. I plan on making daily visits to the construction site and am planning on updating this blog fairly regularly so if you really are interested, please subscribe!

6 comments:

  1. 2 words for you: Laundry Chute!! Top of my wish list if I was building. Who wants dirty clothes in a hamper in every closet? Either have a chute in the hallway leading to basement laundry like they used to do or have an upstairs laundry with bedrooms surrounding that have "access doors" to dump the dirty clothes.
    Call me crazy but does make a little sense.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, I definitely agree. The laundry room is going to be on the 2nd floor where all of the bedrooms are. I can't believe it took us this long to figure out that it belongs on the same floor as the bedrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a utility sink in the laundry room, and cabinets and countertops, and room to leave an ironing board setup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Armstrong Builders is going to build it. They're based out of Bloomington but build in the Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, and Champaign areas. Laundry room has a sink, cabinets, and counter. Having extra outlets installed in the master closet for ironing (yes it's that big!). I'll be posting details of all the updates soon!

    ReplyDelete