Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 1 !!!!

Work has officially started!!  I took the day off and met the designer this morning and picked out pretty much everything needed to build a house, inside and out.  My mom and dad came over to watch/help.  I cannot believe how fast it went, how great she was, and how easy it went.  Cabinets, stains, siding, trim, doors, probably 15 different kinds of tile, grout, wood, two kinds of granite, paint colors, and many other things I cannot remember.  At this point, I really do not even remember what I picked to go where so I guess it will be a nice surprise when I see it all come together.  When you've got somebody handing you things to look at and keeping you within a budget, you can make a lot of decisions fast.  The house is definitely going to have a contemporary feel to it and the designer was all about that.  It's gonna be cool.  Most of the woods are dark chocolate or black.  The different tiles are blacks, browns, metalics, and grays.  The granite for the kitchen is white, brown, and black and the bar granite is black and gray with blue specs.  I think the only time I shocked the designer was when I told her I wanted black walls.  When she realized I wasn't kidding, we got to work.  Wall colors will be black (only a few), tan, gray, red, and green.  Trust me, it sounds worse than it is.

Mid-day I got a call saying they were staking out the foundation and wanted to move the house over farther than we originally planeed to get better access to the sewer, sit on the lot better, and give me more of a yard where the pool will be, so I knew they started!  After we finished with the designer, I drove to the lot.  The excavator was there, the lot and rooms were staked out with lines painted and they had dug holes to hook up sewer and drain pipes.  There were also piles of sand and rock on sight.  I was surprised with how much happened in one day.

I'm only working a 1/2 day tomorrow.  I'm meeting the lighting guy at 12:30 and then am going to try to catch some live digging action.  Also on the agenda for tomorrow is to set up meetings with the stone guy, the plumber, and the carpenter/trim guy.

Inferior Excavator used to dig hole.
 

Sewer line 

Trench for sewer and drain lines 

Piles of dirt and sand 

More dirt

Pipe that will dispose of my waste in a few short months

Drain lines.

Sewer and drain lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment