Thursday, September 20, 2012

FINALLY some news to share!

After emailing/calling/yelling at the bank daily and finally giving them an 8hr deadline to finish the appraisal, or not to bother, I got my answer.  It wasn't exactly the answer I wanted, but pretty much what I was expecting.  The house plans did not appraise for what I'm paying for it because of all of the additional upgrades I added which means they will not loan me the full amount.  So, that left me with 2 options, either remove some of the "extras" or pay the difference at closing.  So, as with most problems, I decided to throw money at it to make it go away.  Hopefully this doesn't become a recurring theme.  Problem solved.  Contract signed.

After that, things began happening fast.  Paperwork is being filed with the city this week and they will start digging the basement next week!  I have to find a house or picture of a house I like so they can use those colors for the siding, brick, stone, and shingles by the end of the week.  Next Thursday I meet with the designer to pick out flooring, cabinets, appliances, sinks, and pretty much everything else.  I also have to meet with the lighting guy next week to pick out fixtures which will be a little overwhelming I'm sure since they have over 50,000 to choose from on their website (http://www.kbldesign.com/index.asp).  I also have to call the windows guy and the door guy.  Whew!  Here we go!!!!

Sketch of the exterior

No comments:

Post a Comment