Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 2

First of all, Austin has requested a shout-out on the blog since this is being written from his house.  I'm spending the weekend in the quad cities for a change of scenery.  Anyway, I wish I could say that picking out lighting on Friday went as smoothly as everything else.  I should have known I was not capable of making such decisions on my own, but I gave it my best and still have time to change my mind.  I have black chandeliers and some black ceiling fans.  Everything else is fairly normal I guess.  There's many more lights to pick out in a house than you might think.  I'm also pretty sure I went WAY over budget but he's going to add everything up and let me know.  Side note: pendant lights (for above the bar) are much more expensive than I would have ever guessed.

After 2hrs and 45 minutes of light selecting, I drove out to my lot and got to see the last of the digging. Basement is done! I talked to the excavator operator and he said this is the biggest garage he has ever dug :) Next step is the foundation and basement walls I would guess. I'm not sure if they work on Saturdays or Sundays but I won't get to see it again until Monday night anyway. I can't believe how fast things are happening so far. Oh, and I decided to paint the toilet room in the master bath black too.
















No comments:

Post a Comment