Monday, December 10, 2012

Latest updates

It's been a few days since I've had a chance to post an update but there has been a lot going on lately!  The patio and front porch have been poured and it looks like they are getting ready to start framing the roof above the patio.  The roof is probably 3/4 of the way shingled and looks great.  The big window above the front door was installed and I love it!  The second floor supports were removed from the garage (it is all one big open space now) and the dining room, a wall built in front of the stairs, pocket door frames installed, master bedroom tray ceiling framed, master closet floor put down and closed in, and the studs put up around the basement foundation walls.

I met with the plumber last week.  I added an additional water hook-up in the garage, moved one on the outside, placed the gas line for the grill, got hook-ups for a water softener and second water heater if I ever decide to add them, placed a gas line in the garage for a garage heater, and moved the washer/dryer hook-ups so they will stack.  The only thing left is to figure out is how the master shower is going to be set up but I have until Wed. to decide.  Plumbing starts tomorrow!

I'm actually done working for the year and am staying in Macomb until Jan 2 but it's going to be hard to stay away.  I think my next trip to the house will be on Wed. on my way to the Quad Cities to go over a few things with the plumber.

Back patio.

Back of the house.

Shingles.

Shingles above garage doors.

Lumber for patio roof.

Front porch concrete.

Front door from the outside.

Front door from the inside.

Wall in front of stairs.

Shingle progress.

Shingle progress.

Supports removed from garage.

Patio roof beginning.

Dining room entrance opened.

Basement walls.

Basement walls.

Basement walls.

Basement walls.

Master bath pocket door frame.

Master bedroom tray ceiling.

Master closet floor.

Powder room pocket door.

No comments:

Post a Comment