Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What a day!

I was really surprised to see all of the changes today.  More progress was made today than I've seen before in just one day.  I did go to the brick and stone showroom this afternoon (http://www.illinibrick.com) and looked at some stone samples for the exterior.  I narrowed it down to a few and then got a list of addresses with the options that I had to go see later that night.  Thanks to Tony for driving me around while I creepily looked over people's houses.  Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't pick out stone in the dark.  Lets just hope it looks good in the light of day.  The decision has been made and I have to let them know in the morning so it can be delivered tomorrow.  Today, they finished installing the sheeting on the roof, worked some more on the front porch, finished putting down all of the tar paper, started shingling, installed all of the exterior doors and all of the windows, moved a dirt pile in the back and leveled the yard, and poured the concrete footings for the patio roof supports.  WHEW!  The house is almost all enclosed now.  Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Exterior stone.

Exterior bathroom door and garage door. 

Shingles and windows!

Door to the garage.

Window over the kitchen sink.

Patio doors & windows.

Living room front windows.

Living room back windows.

Front porch above front door.

Dining room windows.

Bedroom windows.

Where the patio will go.

Concrete for patio roof support posts.

Master bedroom windows.

Master bathroom windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment