Monday, November 26, 2012

A lot changes when you stay away for a week

After a week away, I drove to the house last Friday with some company.  My mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, Austin, Michelle, Liz, and Jay all wanted to see the progress.  There was quite a bit more done than I had expected.  All of the internal walls were up on the second floor and most of the trusses were in place.  I now have a pretty good feeling of how the second floor will feel... and yes, the master bathroom is still going to be huge.

I have been accomplishing a lot over the last few days, mostly shopping and picking things out.  I got some good deals on a few things during the Thanksgiving/Black Friday season so mom and dad's garage is really starting to fill up fast.  I think they will be as excited as I am when I get to move in.  I got a new refrigerator, washer, dryer, 4 TV's, dining room table and chairs, and bed which are all in the garage now.  I've also got all of the bedding and some of the curtains already.  I also picked out the oven, microwave, and dishwasher, but they will be delivered directly to the house later on.  I also finalized all of the plumbing fixtures.  I decided not to go with the super-cool/expensive shower fixtures in the master bath... I guess a shower head, hand-held shower, rain head, and three body sprays will have to do :)  I also created a budget for myself (I know this is probably shocking to many of you) as you can see how quickly things can get out of hand... now if I can only make myself stick to it.

Today is the halfway point, day 60 of 120!  I won't get to see the house again until Friday since I am on vacation the rest of this week so I'm sure there will be many more changes over the next week.

Master shower, entrance to the toilet room and closet.

Master shower entrance.

Austin and Michelle in the doorway to the master bath.

Dad, Jay, Mom, and Liz hanging out in the bathroom.

Liz, Michelle, and Austin trying to stay warm.

Another bathroom shot.

Trusses!!!!!

And more trusses.

View from the end of the 2nd floor hallway.

Bedroom and bathroom.

More bedrooms.

Tall ceiling above living room.

Coming down the stairs.

We had to climb down into the basement.

Living room with trusses.

More trusses.

Looking more like a house.

Will I really be living here in 60 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment