Saturday, November 17, 2012

I walked on the second floor!

There were no changes on Thursday night but they did work on it Friday.  Liz was in town again and joined me for another tour.  They built out an area in the living room ceiling where bedrooms will go upstairs and they put in the staircase!  We got to climb up the stairs for the first time and walk around the second story.  It was cool to see what the views will be outside my bedroom windows.  My current concerns are that I made the master bathroom too big.... really it is huge 14' x 14' bathroom with an attached 10' x 12' closet.  I think it's going to look like a big room with sinks, a tub, and shower on the walls.  I'll have a better idea of how it looks once the walls go up.  Concern number 2 is with the master bath windows.  It does not look like they are high enough to me for lights and the mirrors to fit underneath them, but I did not alter the height from the original plans and it seems to work in their model houses so I'm sure it will be fine.  I've been doing a lot of shopping and my mom and dad's garage is quickly filling up with all of the new furniture and things to go into the house.  It seems like I have multiple boxes delivered every day which is always exciting.  I'm hoping I get to add several tvs to my collection if I can find some good Black Friday deals.  I am now back in Macomb and will be here for 2 weeks.  I don't have to go back to Peoria to work again until Nov 30 but I doubt I can stay away that long.  I'm sure the house progress next week will be slow with Thanksgiving and all so I may give it a week before I go look again.

Bump out over living room for second floor bedrooms.

The other side bump out over living room for bedroom.

Stiarcase!!!!

Aunt Liz walking up the stairs for the first time.

Taking a tour of the second floor.

Second floor.

Liz standing in the master bathroom.

The other side of the master bathroom.  This is where the corner tub and sinks will go.  I had to modify the plans to add the bump out and make the bathroom bigger when I added the 5th stall to the garage underneath it in order for the roof lines on the outside to look right.  That's why the bathroom is so big.

These are the two windows in the master bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment