Monday, September 1, 2014

I'm Back!!!

After spending a week away at an underground nickel mine in the Arctic Circle (it really is quite nice this time of year), I was pleased to be able to come home to some warm weather, see some progress, and take a swim.  While I was gone, the concrete work was finished and it turned out perfectly.  It is sealed and cut already and is bigger than I expected.  All that is left for the pool is electrical, light, heater, and salt hookups, cover installation, and cleaning the water.  That should all happen this week.  They also believe everything else will be completed as well but I have a hard time believing all of the irrigation repairs, yard grading, drainage system installation, landscaping, firepit installation, retaining wall building, fence installation, and sod laying will be done in 4 days but hopefully I'm wrong because the opening party is Saturday!  My mom, dad, and Aunt Liz spent the weekend here helping me with placing furniture, put together a deck box, and some outside decorating and it's going to look amazing.  We even had some time to take a swim.  It should be a busy week!

View from living room

View from landing

View from kitchen

Completed concrete around pool

Concrete

Finished concrete

Finished concrete






Automatic cover box


Close-up of concrete color and pattern

Drain

Drain

Pool warming gift from Aunt Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment