Monday, August 4, 2014

Living in a construction zone again

A few guys from the concrete company showed up this morning to get started.  They got everything marked and started digging up where the concrete will go.  They dug out the berm in order to drive equipment through the back yard.  They cut away a section of my existing patio that had a large crack in it and also removed a section of concrete by the walk-out garage door that will be replaced with new.  Things are happening really fast and I was pleasantly surprised at how little of the yard they actually destroyed... so far anyway.  The pool is still scheduled for delivery and installation next Tuesday.  According to the contractor, he would like to have the top level of the patio poured and the fire pit area poured before the pool gets here so I might be able to see some concrete by the end of the week.  I think they would be ready to start forming tomorrow because those supplies are here, if the rain holds off.  I'm meeting with the landscape designer on Wednesday to finalize the plans.  I might get to see some big changes before I leave for vacation and there's a slim chance I may be able to go swimming when I get home... time will tell.

Pool area

Berm removed

Forming material

Pool area

Pool area

Cracked patio cut away

Patio removal

Path from pool to fire pit

Fire pit area

Fire pit and path to bathroom

Path from pool to fire pit

Path to bathroom door

Path to walk-out garage door and entry gate

Path to walk-out garage door and entry gate

No comments:

Post a Comment