Monday, January 14, 2013

More stone and drywall mud

I stopped by the house Friday after work and saw that most of the stone work is done.  They put stone up all around the electrical meter all the way up the side of the house.  I suppose that is what looks the best, but still not completely sure.  I thought the stone was going to stay the same height and would break around the meter, but it doesn't and it's done so I guess I'll leave it as is.  It does look awesome from the inside.  The drywall has been taped and mudded.  The pool table light got moved and another outlet placed outside based on my request.  They only had to remove a small amount of drywall to do this.  I also found a small water leak in the master shower so I knew the water was on.  I called the superintendent and he had me shut the water off until a plumber could get there Saturday to fix it.  I went over again on Sunday with my mom, dad, and Liz and we spent about 4 hours looking everything over and doing some planning.  The plumbing had been fixed and all of the drywall that was not supposed to be in the storage room was torn out.  I knew it wasn't supposed to be there, but was surprised to see it ripped out after it was already hung and partially finished.  Everything is looking great!  Today I spoke with the trim carpenter and selected a fireplace style (square shaker fireplace without flutes), stair balusters (extra-large straight square black iron), and stair newels (square wood).  I'm probably going to meet him tomorrow to go over plans for the bar ledge on the pool table room walls.  I'm also going to try and meet with the electronics guy this week to start building the sound system.  Closing date is 6 weeks from Friday!!!!

House number set in stone.

Stone almost finished.

Stone column bases built.

Stone around garage.

Column supports

Stone wall

Stone wall

Electrical meter

Stone wall from the inside
 
Drywall progress

No comments:

Post a Comment