Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Burnt Out...

I'm getting very burnt out and tired of all this.  I know the end is in sight but it can't come soon enough (23 days)... seems like it's just one thing after another.  I've started keeping a list of all the things that I'm not happy with and it continues to grow.  The major things on it are that the lip in the concrete under one of the garage doors is not square with the outside wall... off by several inches.  Also one of the lines cut in the concrete in the garage floor is completely crooked, probably not a way to fix that either.  I've also got a horrible squeak in the floor under the whirlpool.  Not sure if I'll make them rip out the tub and tile and tear up the garage floor or not.  I'm tired of bugging people every day and showing people things that should be noticed by someone other than me.  Sometimes I feel like I need to tell somebody about every little thing I see but other times I feel like I need to just step back, let them do their job, assume the process works, and then address any problems in the end.  I've seen several of their finished products and they are wonderful.  I think it would be best for my stress levels if I just stayed away until they tell me it's done.  Tonight, I picked out the concrete stain for the garage bathroom and then stopped by the house.  The gutters are up and the stone work finished on the front.  It looks like all of the doors and trim are painted and they've started paining walls.  A few bedrooms upstairs have the first coat as well as the laundry room and bathroom.  The trimming has started in a few of the other rooms, but some of the walls are painted the wrong colors. :-( Didn't feel like taking pictures tonight... probably just need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment