Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's really going to happen!!!!!

A lot has happened today.  I think the garage bathroom fixtures were installed and the floor stained but the door was taped off so I couldn't see in.  The oven and kitchen faucets were installed.  I got a call from the foreman saying I would need a heater for the garage because the garage sink was frozen because they leave the door open all day.... not a big deal, already have one ready to go up.  I also had him replace an exhaust fan in the 1/2 bath with a fan/light combo to add some more light and am having the fan and light in the master bedroom raised 6 inches.  He said they're on schedule for a March 1 closing with plenty of time to spare... not worried about it at all.  He said this one is not even close to not making it.  My closing is now scheduled for 10am on March 1!  The only thing that may not be done is the driveway and sidewalk... depending on the weather.  He said they have to pay a fine to the city if it's not done, but again no big deal, they can close anyway, and just write it in the contract hat it still needs done.  The tile guy is still working on the master shower.  He said he would be done with the kitchen backsplash and bar on Monday which is also the day I should get the final cost for this thing.  I'm guessing my walk-through will be on Tuesday which will give them a few days to fix anything I show them.  The big mirror in the master bathroom chipped during installation so will be going up later this week.  The stair rails are now all in, cabinet doors straightened and steps built in the garage and back patio at the entrances.  After tonight, 2 more nights in the hotel.... almost there!

Oven installed.

Kitchen faucet.

Finished staircase.

Basement stairs.

Bar faucet.

No comments:

Post a Comment